Some treats we made for the kids’ Halloween parties!
1. I’ve decided my favorite blogs to read are list blogs where the blog writer numbers everything. I love to read blogs and I tend to skip really long blogs because I’m using time I should be spending writing. I know you all know how I feel. You look up at the clock and think, holy cow, now I’ve wasted all my writing time and it’s time to make dinner! With that said, I will write my blogs this way from now on. Or until next week when I’ve forgotten that I was going to write my blogs this way.
2. It’s been difficult to get anything done because of this. Our new puppy, a chihuahua named Pepper. So fun and adorable, until she poops on the floor. She’s getting better, but we’ve run through a whole container of Lysol wipes. I don’t love being reminded of the days when I potty-trained my kids.
3. I’m 27,000 words into my WIP, which I’m so excited about, and which distracts me from the query blues on my other story.
4. So all summer I’ve hardly written, because I’ve been hanging out with my kids and watching too many movies, and eating too much ice cream. So in the past week I’ve really been on a roll with the WIP and the bummer is that now it’s time to go back to the classroom and get ready for the job I’m actually paid for. My kids on the other hand, can’t wait for school. They’re sick of summer, sick of the pool, sick of entertaining the dog, etc.
5. The thing that I look forward to at this time of year is when Target, the best store on earth, moves all of their back-to-school stuff out and moves all the Halloween stuff in! I’m guessing I have about a two-week wait to see that. I’ve already decided I’m putting up Halloween lights inside around my writing nook, and leaving them up until it’s time to put up Christmas lights. I think I’m inspired artistically by decorative lights. I’ll post a picture when I get them. How about you? What are you looking forward to now that summer is ending?